Saturday, October 19, 2013

The desire to start my own blog is stemming primarily from two places.  I guess, first, it is to hold myself accountable for the choices I make – sticking to a healthy diet, and keeping up my exercise regime.  Second, I don’t have many runner friends.  Ever since I first discovered the world of running I find myself having to hold back.. what do you mean not everyone wants to talk about running 24/7?  Sure this honeymoon feeling may not last forever, but running and I are definitely in a long term relationship and, right now, it's all I want to talk about!  But I do realize there are only so many times others, regardless of how much they may fake interest, can tolerate listening to me ramble on about my new love.  So, I figure, instead of annoying everyone close to me, the internet can listen to my rants; as soon as I finish a run I can tell all of you (no one?) about my negative splits, my new personal best, and this weird desire to keep pushing myself further.

So, before I ramble on too much longer, that is the point of my blog.  To write about my runs, regardless of how slow, or short, or just crappy they may have been, to write about my ongoing efforts to lose weight and maintain a healthy life, and, as well, to write about the occasional tidbit from my life as I attempt to figure out what my 20’s are supposed to be all about.

So, welcome to Discovering Running...

No comments:

Post a Comment